Thursday, April 10, 2008

room and room

Serenaaaa....


Now it is 11:13 pm.. I'v
e just come back from dance exercise at my friend's smart home at cyberia..
I had a conversation with my friends there after we had had the dance exercise. One of my friend, ( sorry, I can't tell you her name..hehehe) asked me..
she : where do you live?
me (epha) : at hostel block
she : why do you want to stay there?
me : it's ok with hostel block
she : ooo....

suddenly she told me " you know what? my friend ever had stayed there for a while and she said that stayed in hostel block was not comfortable. The room was dirty and untidy. It only has two bathroom at each floor. It's limited there. No kitchen. So, I think all the rooms at the hostel block are just like that, messy and uncomfortable.."

I laughed "hahahahha...that's not true, maybe it was only one room. Besides that, the bathroom is big. We don't have to queue.." but suddenly I realized, I could state that statement on you, Serena...hahahaha..thanks God..

If we see my friend's statement above, it is related too with what I learned in Critical Thinking just now at this morning class.
It is Fallacy of Hasty Generalization. Hasty Generalization is a generalization in which there are not enough instances on which to conclude that the condition will always exist or that the event will happen everywhere.

" you know what? my friend ever had stayed there for a while and she said that stayed in hostel block was not comfortable. The room was dirty and untidy. It only has two bathroom at each floor. It's limited there. No kitchen. So, I think all the rooms at the hostel block are just like that, messy and uncomfortable.."
See Serena? It is Fallacy of Hasty Generalization. My friend tried to conclude that all the rooms were same with the one room which was her friend told her, messy and uncomfortable. She did not have enough example to conclude it, actually.
It was only one room, where her friend stayed for a while, right? About the kitchen, I think it depends on each person. whether she/he likes to cook by own self or not.


...Part of my and my roommate's, Inez, bedroom...



My bedroom, my cupboard, my table, my windows, and this is the room
what do you think?


Serena, I think it's done for today.

We are going to continue it tomorrow.. with new idea, new situation..hahaha..

It's very nice to work with you for our first day job..




Good Night, Serena...
See You tomorrow...!

No comments: