Saturday, April 12, 2008

chatting

Serena... meet you again...
I've just come back from International Student Society Night.
It was so fun, but there was something that made me so upset..

Just forget it..
hahaha...

Let's talk about Critical Thinking..

I chatted with my friend from Jakarta just now.. We spoke about many things. Her campus, the condition of Indonesia now on, her family, new songs, and her mid term exam result..

She told me she got B for a subject, and of course I was happy to hear that as I know that is a tough subject. Then she told me about her classmate. She said that her friend was really happy got B. Not just happy but very pleased like he met beautiful diamonds or got 1 billion rupiahs for that time. He screamed loudly, laughed out loud, jumped happily like a craziest person she had ever seen. My friend asked why he acted like that, his answer "because I did not learn at all, Lisa..really, I just wrote down something on the paper then submitted it..that's my luck! hahaha... or maybe that is happened because the pen. I'll use the pen so I can get good score again for other exams.."
My friend laughed when she heard that, but she remembered her friend to be prepared for final exam later on.

I realized that time if my friend was using theory of critical thinking. But she did not know it.
Lisa's friend was very pleased or very happy like he met beautiful diamonds or got 1 billion rupiahs. It is a type of Simile. Lisa compared her friend's action about his score like met something fantastic in his life.
The other type of Simile is Lisa's friend screamed loudly, laughed, and jumped happily
like a crazy person.

Lisa's friend also used critical thinking theory, that is Post Hoc Fallacy. We know from the statement "maybe that is happened because the pen. I'll use the pen so I can get good score again for other exams.."
Lisa's friend tried to explain if he got B because of using the pen. It might be relevant but it does not prove that the pen is the cause why he got B.


It is really fun story from my friend.. Then we ended our conversation after talked about assignment. haha...


Hmm..that's all for today, Serena..
Good Nite..





See You Tomorrow..!

No comments: